History of the Museum

Bushey Museum was officially opened as a volunteer-run museum in October 1993, having achieved Full Registration with the Museums and Galleries Commission. In the week prior to opening, the Museum won joint first prize in the prestigious Gulbenkian Foundation Awards for the best achievement by museums operating with limited resources.


Bushey Museum covers local history through the Bushey Museum Trust's collections of artefacts, documents, maps and works of art. A wide range of local records can be inspected at the Museum's Local Studies Centre. A booklist covers many publications of local interest, some of which are available in the Museum shop.


Bushey Museum is an accredited museum (RD 1048). The Museum is administered in Partnership with Hertsmere Borough Council by Bushey Museum Trust, a company limited by guarantee (England 1937575) and a registered charity (294261). The registered address of the company is Bushey Museum and Art Gallery, Rudolph Road, Bushey, WD23 3HW. The e-mail address is image of email address.


The collections include many items generously given to the Trust by members of the public. The Museum is grant-aided by Hertsmere Borough Council and run by volunteers.

You can here.